[FFmpeg-user] Longer output video duration

Michael Bradshaw mbradshaw at sorensonmedia.com
Wed Aug 15 23:27:25 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM, agowad at gmail.com <agowad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am converting a video from different formats to flv and mp4. In both cases I face many cases where duration of generated video is longer (never shorter). The difference is quite considerable for me (1-2s for 90s input).
>
> Command example:
> ffmpeg.exe -i "Dolphins_720.wmv" -ar 44100 "Dolphins_7202_TMP.flv"
>
> When I lower the bitrate then the difference shrinks, however, never beneath 1s (for 90s input). Unfortunately that is not acceptable for me. Do you know how can I "force" the ffmpeg.exe to maintain the same duration?

As Carl said, please provide the complete, uncut console output of
your command (ffmpeg.exe -i "Dolphins_720.wmv" -ar 44100
"Dolphins_7202_TMP.flv").

Also, I'd be interested in seeing the complete, uncut console output
of ffprobe -show_streams ("ffprobe -show_streams Dolphins_720.wmv" and
also "ffprobe -show_streams Dolphins_7202_TMP.flv").

--Michael