[FFmpeg-user] creating h264 .mp4 MBAFF tff/bff h264 with AAC audio

Albert Scholtalbers compuvision.sr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:56:37 CET 2012

Thx for reply.
I found a tool calles Winff which has a lot of default settings, so it its
easier to understand the construction of parameters as the current manual
has a steep threshold and the lack of website like 'FFmpeg for dummies'.

I found some code and it seems to work
!!!  -flags +ildct+ilme -x264opts tff=1  !!!  in
f:\ffmpeg.exe -i "f:\sample.mpg" -vcodec h264 -b 1500k  -flags +ildct+ilme
-x264opts tff=1 -strict -2 -acodec aac -ab 128k f:\output.mp4

I'm a coder myself, but would option like:
-interlaced=yes -fieldorder=tff

be a littelbit more self explaining than:  '-flags +ildct+ilme -x264opts
tff=1'

Maybe a little of topic, Why don't FFmpeg uses the output of something like
mediainfo to define the input, which you can upload to a website and via
that same website define the ouput via radiobuttons, selectionboxes for:
container, codec, framerate, scaling, resolution, birate/quality etc and it
creates the command line for you. It would save a lot of questions and
lowers the treshold for new users. Once this wiki is created it could serve
for many software products like HandBrake, VLC, Mencoder etc, etc. Just a
thought.