[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg Stack Exchange site created! Please join.

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 20:15:13 CET 2012

On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 17:34:21 -0000, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just noticed this:
> http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/40292
> (a stack exchange (like Stack Overflow)) potential page for FFmpeg users.
>  Let's all join it so FFmpeg can have its own SO :)

Shan't.  I have issues with Jeff, and swore a mighty oath never to darken
SE's http ports again.

More pertinantly, I don't think SE's model works all that well for
something that evolves as much as ffmpeg.  Answers to questions become
outdated fairly quickly here, whole new ways of doing things open up
(filters, anyone?), and even questions can become meaningless.  Providing
historic answers that had the visible approval of the community at the
time isn't particularly helpful in such circumstances.

--
Rhodri James
Kynesim Ltd