[FFmpeg-user] Use build_libstagefright in ffmpeg to build file .so for android

hsu tom cherish48624 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:43:48 CET 2012

hi Carl

You are right, Carl.

This time, I change my OS to Ubuntu, and it's work.

It had built successfully, and produce 5 static library(*.a).

But I still have 2 questions ....

In file of ffmpeg/configure

origin :

enabled libstagefright_h264 && require_cpp libstagefright_h264
"binder/ProcessState.h media/stagefright/MetaData.h

fixed :

enabled libstagefright && require_cpp libstagefright_h264
"binder/ProcessState.h media/stagefright/MetaData.h

I fix the ffmpeg/configure, and build the ffmpeg source code to static
library ".a".

Is that ok??

Another question

when I use gcc command to build share library, like this,

gcc -shared -o libffmpeg.so -W1,--whole-archive
ffmpeg/libavformat/libavformat.a ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a
ffmpeg/libavutil/libavutil.a ffmpeg/libpostproc/libpostproc.a
ffmpeg/libswscale/libswscale.a -W1,--no-whole-archive

It works, and get a file "libffmpeg.so".

This file only have 47kb, it look like too small.

Is this method right or not??

PS: ffmpeg version is 1.0

PS2: Thanks a lot, Carl

Tom

2012/11/7 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

> hsu tom <cherish48624 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > my Build Environment is
> >
> >    1. Window 7
> >    2. Cygwin
> >    3. android-NDK-r8b linux version
>
> I will try again since my first answer seem to have
> been too subtle:
> You claim that you are trying to use the Linux version
> of the Android NDK (that is point 3 of above mail).
> The NDK contains - among other things - a compiler,
> that is an executable that reads c (c++) files and
> compiles them. If this executable was made for Linux
> (and you claim so), it will not work on Windows.
>
> Carl Eugen

Best regards

from Tom