[FFmpeg-user] Converting numerous files to h264

Francois Visagie francois.visagie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 08:13:09 CET 2012

Hi,

For two-pass encoding you need to run the command line twice. IIRC once with
'-pass 1' and once more with '-pass 2'.

Regarding quality, you can definitely look at video bitrate. See what is
implied/specified by 'libx264 -preset slower', perhaps decide on a different
bitrate and then specify that with '-b:v'.