[FFmpeg-user] Concat error - No such filter '[0,0]'

Mike Kavanagh mike.kavanagh at odx.uk.com
Mon Nov 12 13:21:17 CET 2012

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for looking at this last week - at least you help me isolate that the
MS DOS parsing of the command was the problem.

I have tried a number of things without success.

The problem seems to be if you have a space between input parameters then my
version of DOS automatically surrounds the parameter with double quotes -
except for parameters that begin with -i.

The trouble is that the particular concat command has lots of whitespaces
within it which results in this happening repeatedly and confusing ffmpeg -
so you get this type of thing:

input: -filter_complex '[0:0] [0:1] [1:0] [1:1] [2:0] [2:1]
concat=n=3:v=1:a=0 [a] [v]'

parses to: -filter_complex "'[0:0]" "[0:1]" "[1:0]" "[1:1]" "[2:0]" "[2:1]"
"concat=n=3:v=1:a=0" "[a]" "[v]'"

yes something strange is happening with the single quotes.

My options at this point seem to be :

Surpress the magic double quotes that automatically apprear in the parsing

Put the filter_complex parameters into a file that will then be referred to
in the ffmpeg command?

Find a command that will simply concatenate my AV files and don't  require
this filter_complex. I did look at the join option to no avail.

Move from doc to Unix.

Would welcome any suggestions as to my best option from here?

-Mike