[FFmpeg-user] Encoding/Streaming MPEG-TS with PIDs changing over time (DVB-S Source)

RFZ andreasbernhofer at gmx.de
Sun Nov 25 14:11:26 CET 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to encode and stream the DVB-S TV program I'm currently watching
with my DVB-S card and DVBViewer to a foreign server using ffmpeg.
DVBViewer provides the programm I'm watching via TCP, so I can encode it
with "ffmpeg -f mpegts -i tcp://localhost:1234" and stream it, witch works
fine as long as I don't change the channel!
When changing the channel, DVBViewer does NOT close the socket, it just
continues to stream the different program which has, of course, different
A/V PIDs.
ffmpeg then pauses encoding because there is no data arriving for the PIDs
it just used to encode before (i guess?!).
So... what can I do?

Is there a way to handle changing PIDs (e.g. force ffmpeg /mpegts demuxer to
rescan PMT from time to time)?

Or is ist possible to detect the end of one program and to start over again?
I cannot use tcp/udp "timeout=microseconds" option because there is always
data incoming from the socket... Is there a way to exit ffmpeg when there is
no data available for the program it is encoding for Xms?