[FFmpeg-user] AVCHD to QT and Avid

Thomas Worth dev at rarevision.com
Fri Sep 28 17:20:35 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:24 AM, bouke <bouke at editb.nl> wrote:
> [...]

The file you linked is compressed H.264 with B frames. I've never had
luck with ffmpeg / FFmbc when rewrapping H.264 with B frames to MOV.
Did you try MP4 with FFmbc? That's the only way I've gotten it to work
without the playback problems you mention. ffmpeg still won't work
even with MP4. You'll still get the white frames because of what seems
to be a bug in the MOV muxer.

Carl, as a technical note the reason he is getting the white frames at
the head with ffmpeg output is because of a bug in movenc.c. The the
elst atom is being written with incorrect values because it is
confused by the negative DTS delay with B frame media. Baptiste fixed
this in FFmbc. The fix involves modifying the start_time value based
on I believe first_dts and then adding packet.duration to it. I don't
have the source in front of me, but if you compare the source of
ffmbc.c and ffmpeg.c you'll see what I'm talking about.