[FFmpeg-user] building the latest stable release (2.1.1) on windows 8 x64 with cygwin

Arturo Rinaldi arty.net2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 13:21:52 CET 2013

Hi folks, I need your help to figure out the correct steps of building
the latest stable release of ffmpeg on windows 8 x64 and CYGWIN. I have
written a sh script file with the following configuration :

    |./configure --enable-static --enable-gpl --enable-version3
    --enable-pthreads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib \
       --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls
    --enable-iconv --enable-libass \
       --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype
    --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc \
       --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame
    --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb \
       --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp
    --enable-libschroedinger \
       --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame
    --enable-libvo-aacenc \
       --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx
    --enable-libwavpack --enable-libx264 \
       --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib --disable-shared --disable-doc
    --enable-nonfree --arch=x86_64

I installed all the pre-requisites, according to the official
documentation, and then the configuring step is smoothly performed. Just
after that, I usually run from shell :

    |make -j5

to perform parallel build of the source code. After the process is
finished, i usually run from shell :

    |./ffmpeg.exe -version

and i get a null output. By using a windows shell i get a linking
libraries error ("cygass-4.dll is not found" and so on), where am i
wrong ? Before posting I read a lot of guides on the forum an over the
internet by googling around but i can't still figure out which is the
real issue.

Please help me out. Thank you in advance

Regards, Arturo