[FFmpeg-user] Audio sync issues when transcoding Hauppauge HDPVR content

Scott Naef snaef1 at mail.brookdalecc.edu
Tue Jan 15 22:20:46 CET 2013

Carl,

Thank you for the help.  My sample source file input.mpg is at:
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzSQuUjfkFN1a191MG9acnFPc3M&export=download

My resulting output.mp4 is at:
https://drive.google.com/?tab=oo&authuser=0#folders/0BzSQuUjfkFN1OWIyNEQyRndmWG8

My ffmpeg command is:
ffmpeg  -i input.mpg -async 1 -y -vcodec libx264 -r 25 -b:v 1268k -s
512x368 -acodec libmp3lame -threads 2 output.mp4

Ouput log:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzSQuUjfkFN1N0VsLXVud2tsV0E/edit

Tracy,

I tried your -vsync 1 option but it did not work wither.  I also tried
-vsync 0 and interestingly this option produced a slew of PTS / DTS
conflict errors ( log is at:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzSQuUjfkFN1U1FaME43RjdBYTQ/edit ) but
that did not work either.

-Scott