[FFmpeg-user] how to co-work between ffserver and ffmpeg

Soho Soho123 soho123.2012 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 11:24:56 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Can anyone give some comments about :
how to co-work between ffserver and ffmpeg?

When ffmpeg is started, I can see ffserver receive data , but the source ip
address is 127.0.0.1.
and when I use VLC from remote host with the url:
http://<ffserver ip>:8090/test.asf
then ffserver can output video stream to the VLC client.

but I confused about:
ffmpeg will keep write video data to feed,
and ffserver should read video data from feed with the format of feed,
ffmpeg may corrupt the content of feed if ffserver is reading at the same
time.
then ffserver can not parse the ffm header.
Can someone give some comments about this mechanism?

the command I use:
ffserver.conf for the stream:
<Stream test.asf>
Feed feed1.ffm
Format asf

AVOptionVideo flags +global_header
VideoSize 1280x720
VideoFrameRate 12
VideoCodec libx264
NoAudio
</Stream>
ffserver -f /etc/ffserver.conf &
ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -r 30 -s 1280x720 -input_format h264 -i /dev/video1
-vcodec copy http://localhost:8090/feed1.ffm > /dev/null 2>&1 &