[FFmpeg-user] LLossless (10 Bit RGB 444) and (10 Bit YUV 422) Compression

Jason Freets jasonslife at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 27 04:02:24 CET 2014

> Jason Freets <jasonslife <at> hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > However, I've not been able to get FFMpeg to
> > lossless compress and decompress r10k. This is
> > the problem I am having.
>
> There is (nearly) no difference between r10k and r210.
> Please provide your input sample.
> (I just sent a patch to make the output file more similar
> but the difference does not affect the actual frames.)

Please forgive me Carl ...

r210's format: XXrrrrrr rrrrgggg ggggggbb bbbbbbbb
r10k's format: rrrrrrrr rrgggggg ggggbbbb bbbbbbxx

I keep thinking of 210 as being YUV, and wasn't paying attention to the format layout despite even sending you the link's to the codec's....ha! My fault!

You are right, after reading your email, I just realized that r210 and r10k are quite similar indeed.

The sample I am using is 30 gigs. I'd have to re-create one that is much smaller. Do you have a desired file size in mind? Unless you happen to have a r10k sample, which seems like you don't.

If I did have a file, how would I sent it to you? Attach a file via email? Dropbox? Or? Again, desired file size?

Wow, really excited though!

Cheers,

Jason