[FFmpeg-user] Installation problems

Pál Levente pallevi93 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 14:18:16 CET 2014

Hello!

I used this tutorial to install ffmpeg
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/UbuntuCompilationGuide
And after I finished it's work (when I type "ffmpeg", It went to a menu).
But if I type "sudo apt-cache policy ffmpeg" the terminal said it is not
installed. And when I open an other terminal and type ffmpeg terminal said
command not found. (and of course sudo apt-cache policy ffmpeg said it too)
I asked something like this before here and i got an answer:
"if you only type "ffmpeg" the binary needs to be in your PATH
echo $PATH shows where the system seeks for binaries"
But I not really get it what should I do.
So can somebody help me?
Sorry for my english.

Levi