[FFmpeg-user] screencast in WinXP

James Darnley james.darnley at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 23:23:56 CET 2014

On 2014-11-15 23:00, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> On 11/15/2014 10:50 PM, James Darnley wrote:
>> On 2014-11-15 22:46, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>>> [dshow @ 02dde020] DirectShow video devices
>>> [dshow @ 02dde020] Could not enumerate video devices.
>>> [dshow @ 02dde020] DirectShow audio devices
>>> [dshow @ 02dde020]  "Realtek HD Audio Input"
>>> [dshow @ 02dde020]  "Realtek HD Digital input"
>>> dummy: Immediate exit requested
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> You have no video devices so there is no possibility of using one to
>> capture the desktop.  Read that wiki link a little better.
>
> Thanks for the reply, James.
>
> Sorry, but I didn’t know that the video card wasn’t a DirectShow video
> device.

Sorry, I was probably more terse that I should have been.  A "device" to
DirectShow has quite a specific meaning.  You can see the two inputs to
your soundcard there because something has created/installed the two
devices in DirectShow.

You can do something similar for desktop video capture.  The wiki
article links to one such utility on github.