[FFmpeg-user] timelapse framerates

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Tue Dec 29 09:43:06 CET 2015

Hi all,

I have a few questions about making timelapse videos from many pictures.
The following command makes a video with framerate 25 and works as expected:
ffmpeg -framerate 25 -start_number 123 -i IMG_%4d.jpg -codec:v mpeg4
output.mp4

My questions:
1. Is it possible to make a video with different input and output
framerates? For example, using each input picture twice? I mean without
duplicating and renaming the the input pictures.
2. Is that also possible for arbitrary input and output framerates?
(i.e. output framerate is not an even multiple of input framerate) ?
3. Is it also possible to make the output framerate bigger than the
input framerate, which means some of the input pictures are skipped?

Thanks,
Michael