[FFmpeg-user] Problem compiling ffmpeg for armada375 cpu

Andrea Barzaghi ander.barza at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 13:39:36 CET 2015

Hi

I'm trying to compile ffmpeg for my NAS(synology ds215j), which runs an
armv7 cpu(marvell armada375). I'm doing that using a framework intended to
compile and package softwares for Synology NAS, which creates a package
that can be easily installed and maintaned with the nas' web interface.

The ./configure options I used are the following:
> --enable-gpl
> --enable-libx264
> --enable-libmp3lame
> --enable-nonfree
> --enable-cross-compile
> --enable-optimizations
> --enable-pic
> --enable-version3
> --enable-encoders
> --enable-pthreads
> --disable-bzlib
> --disable-protocol=rtp
> --disable-muxer=image2
> --disable-muxer=image2pipe
> --disable-swscale-alpha
> --disable-ffserver
> --disable-ffplay
> --disable-devices
> --disable-bzlib
> --disable-altivec
> --enable-libmp3lame
> --enable-libfdk-aac
> --disable-doc
> --disable-shared
> --enable-static
> --arch=armada375
> --target-os=linux

--cross-prefix=/home/andrea/spksrc/toolchains/syno-armada375-5.1/work/armv7-marvell-linux-gnueabi-hard/bin/arm-marvell-linux-gnueabi-
> --prefix=/usr/local

--extra-cflags="-I/home/andrea/spksrc/cross/ffmpeg/work-armada375-5.1/install/usr/local/include"

--extra-ldflags="-L/home/andrea/spksrc/cross/ffmpeg/work-armada375-5.1/install/usr/local/lib"

> --extra-libs=-ldl

All the flags come from the output of a pre-compiled ffmpeg, I only added
--enable-libfdk-aac(and removed some disabled decoders and encoders).
I'm using debian testing 32bit(32bit are a requirements of the framework).

I'm getting an error and the compilation stops.
I'm using a pre-made script to compile ffmpeg, you can get my complete
output here -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3sq2sv6v6xh439/out.txt?dl=0
The part regarding ffmpeg starts at line 1168(all that comes before is the
output for the compilation of x264, libmp3lame and libfdk_aac, which are
all successful).

How can I solve this problems?
I'm not a developer, nor I'm used to compiling things, so if I forgot any
useful information just ask and I'll try to provide them.

Best regards,
Andrea Barzaghi