[FFmpeg-user] Extracting multiple audio stream into one file

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu May 7 21:24:02 CEST 2015

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 21:06:55 +0200, loeffler at eyetrap.net wrote:
> > The word "yet" correlates with what Lou pointed out: Your version is
> > very old. You wouldn't even know whether it works with a current
> > version without trying.
>
> My intention was only to copy the stream, not to encode into a
> different format.

Still, a newer version might help. I don't know, but what's the use of
worrying about an old version which won't be "fixed" for you anyway?

> Sorry for this, I copied the wrong output from the terminal but it is
> all the same message for any of the file formats. Here is the output
> for 'ac3'
>
> ffmpeg  -i '/storage/orig_qt/SUB_01_INGEST.mov' -map 0 -acodec: copy
> -vn '/storage/orig_qt/SUB_01_INGEST.ac3'

I'm not convinced that PCM can be stream-copied into an AC3
"container".

Oh, c'mon, since you're not willing to test a newer ffmpeg: Can you
provide a short sample of your typical input file?

Moritz