[FFmpeg-user] Getting precise start time from wall-clock for capture

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon May 18 13:09:44 CEST 2015

Le nonidi 29 floréal, an CCXXIII, Arthur Wait a écrit :
> I'm using FFMPEG to record video from several cameras attached to several
> networked computers. The computers' clocks are all synced. I'd like to be
> able to get a precise date/time for the first captured frame

All captured frames should have a timestamp attached, usually to the
microsecond; an option may be needed to have it based on the wall clock. You
did not bother to tell what kind of capture you are doing, so it is not
possible to point you to the exact place in the documentation.

Please remember to follow the mailing list's netiquette, in particular not
hijacking threads (too late for that this time) but all of it.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George