[FFmpeg-user] Getting precise start time from wall-clock for capture

Arthur Wait artwait at gmail.com
Mon May 18 17:42:35 CEST 2015

Thanks Nicolas.

> Please remember to follow the mailing list's netiquette,
> in particular not hijacking threads (too late for that this time)
> but all of it.

Apologies for hijacking the thread (though I'm not clear as to what in
particular I did in that regard--I started the thread).

> You did not bother to tell what kind of capture you are doing,
> so it is not possible to point you to the exact place in the
> documentation.

The capture I'm doing is v4l2 to nvenc to matroska. Here's the command line
I've been using:

ffmpeg -f v4l2 -framerate 60 -video_size 1920x1080 -i /dev/video0 -r
2997/100 -f matroska -c:v nvenc -b:v 25000k -minrate 25000k -maxrate 25000k
-g 1 -profile:v high -preset hq my_video.mkv

Thanks again for any tips you can provide.