[FFmpeg-user] stream pre-encoded local files as a live source

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Dec 25 16:19:10 EET 2016

On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 15:51:21 +0300, Egor Egorblch wrote:

> I'd like to stream them to my home DLNA server as a live stream so
> that I could watch them on my smart TV. Also, I don't want to re
> encode them so that they all have the same container and codec.

That actually calls for an actual DLNA server. There are some solutions
which nicely wrap ffmpeg for you. Two come to mind - I haven't gotten
around to trying them, but they might do fine for you:
- mediatomb
- Universal Media Server

Beware, the latter uses Java. ;-)

As far as I understand, they can be configured to transcode only if the
receiving end requires this. They also understand quite a few formats,
not least thanks to ffmpeg.

> After that I'd like to make a .m3u play list with those links and
> apply it on my DLNA server as a IPTV links.

I'm not sure, but I believe you should then be able to relay these
streams to your "central" DLNA server, if you don't want your TV to
pick up a second one.

HTH,
happy holidays,
Moritz