[FFmpeg-user] deep zoom-in

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:14:04 CET 2016

On 2/4/16, Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to make a deep zoom-in from several images. For example, begin
> with image1 (which was taken with a 50mm objective) and use the zoompan
> filter to make a 5 seconds zoom-in from 1x to 4x, then use image2 (taken
> with a 200mm objective) and continue to zoom in, and so on. There may be
> a different duration required for each image.
> Is it possible to do this in _one_ command line?

Something like this:

zoompan=zoom='if(mod(in\,40)\,zoom\,0)+0.01':d=40:x='iw/2-(iw/zoom/2)':y='ih/2-(ih/zoom/2)'

duration of 40 frames and zoom of 0.01 is arbitary, if they change per
image, expression becomes even more
complicated for little gain, but using _in_ in expression for
calculating duration and zoom (0.01) gain
it could be doable after much of guessing.......

You need to use git ffmpeg version anyway for any single command to
work properly with
multiple images.

> Or must I make several videos and concat them? If this is the way to go,
> which is the recommended file format for the intermediate videos?

Lossless video, ffv1 if you can wait for decoding or encoding or
rawvideo if you have fast disk with enough free space.