[FFmpeg-user] feature request/suggestion: add support for dolby vision decoding :)

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Sat Jul 2 23:39:57 CEST 2016

> It would also have to be tested against the hardware TV Dolby Vision> decoders for conformance.
It strikes me that if we could find examples of material that was available in both Vision and other HDR formats (HLG, HDR10 etc) for which the specs are open, a stab could be made at a reasonably accurate approach to transcoding.
It further strikes me that ffmpeg could also create MaxFALL and MaxCLL metadata if it wanted to.