[FFmpeg-user] error when I compile Microsoft ffmpeginterop

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jan 14 07:34:30 EET 2017

Am 14.01.2017 um 06:16 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

>>> This is not the newest FFmpeg, it is ten weeks old
>>
>> then release more often then 10 weeks or more
>
> The avconv supporters claim that we already release too often...

they also claimed that ffmpeg is dead and the ffmpeg cli command is
deprecated - the only reason why they claim something is because their
fork failed and they pretend it is still vital

>> when do you realize that ffmpeg is the only mailing list and project
>> on this planet where people are supposed to use snapshots?
>
> When did I contradict?
> (I don't know if FFmpeg is the only project which strongly suggests
> using snapshots if at all possible and that requires testing snapshots
> before reporting issues.)

at least the only project where it is claimed that nothing else than the
current snapshot is supported

>> according to https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ *it is* the newest release
>
> Which gets some (limited) support on Linux, but not on Windows.
> (Why would a Windows user install a version of FFmpeg that is
> known to contain more bugs and less features but for which he will
> not get any support?)

since there are no official binaries at all and on a typical windows
machine no build environment exists nor has the typical windows user a
clue how to compile software at all that's pointless