[FFmpeg-user] Upskill to FFmpeg the TimeStamp Correction

ilker tezcan ilkertezcan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 06:41:50 EET 2017

Hello,

I just want you to know that I am just writing with fear and avoiding
"top-post". If so, there is no question, my conscience will be sore and
sadness. :(

As developer, could you please transfer the timestamp correction ability
of MEncoder to FFmpeg? I believe that you or other developers can do that.

Could you open the bug ticket after reproduced & analyzed?

I present all the necessary information in tidy format.

The sample file:
https://mega.nz/#!xkpEGbSL!MJZVjnwhuQ4XD7EcmM3ahKLeINwUMSCEQD0fAqtU_gs

FFmpeg can't correct timestamp (timebase? duration?) even though it can
do resynced:

FFmpeg -i ElephantsDream_only_a_few_scenes.mkv -c:v copy -c:a copy -sn
ElephantsDream_only_a_few_scenes_remuxed.mkv

FFmpeg's report: https://paste.ee/r/Tl7at
The output file's  timestamp (still same remaing with original video): 10:48

But only MEncoder corrects timestamp (both resync and recalculate true
timestamp for output file):

MEncoder ElephantsDream_only_a_few_scenes.mkv -ni -nosub -ovc copy -oac
copy -fafmttag 0x706D -of lavf -lavfopts format=mkv -o
ElephantsDream_only_a_few_scenes-fixed_by_only_MEncoder.mkv

MEncoder's report: https://paste.ee/r/LzO4M
The output file's fixed timestamp: 01:46

I just designed new info-graphic that representatived the issue:
http://i.imgur.com/zwjOmWs.png

Thank you in advance.