[FFmpeg-user] Windows 10, ffmpeg concat/demux is slow... part 2

Rob Hallam ffmpeg at roberthallam.com
Tue Nov 14 01:12:12 EET 2017

On 13 November 2017 at 22:48, Kevin Duffey
<kevinmduffey-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> I am not sure what you are asking..exactly. You want me to upload a couple large files some place for you to download and test? I would assume.. if that is what you are asking.. any files should work yah? The files I work with are 140GB in size.. so I would need a month or so to upload two of those.

Can you produce a subset of the input using '-t' to
limit duration to something shorter?

See https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Seeking#Cuttingsmallsections

That being said, if I read correctly what you are
saying, this is sounding more like a hardware or
OS problem- I suspect other people would be able
to saturate disk IO with any test files.

Worth a try though, just in case / for peace of mind;
I am happy to test, too.

Rob