[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg Hall of Shame

drwho drwho at infidigm.net
Wed Nov 29 16:06:04 EET 2017

On 2017-11-29 08:58 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 29.11.2017 um 14:47 schrieb Thirumalaisamy K:
>> I know the difference between GPL and LGPL. But, in both you have to
>> disclose the sources including controlling scripts.
>>
>> Just clear question whether it's required to release the control scripts
>> when one release a binary made from LGPL code?
>
> please quote me the part of GPL which says i need to provide a bash
> script which *calls* configure, set some params, install
> build-requires and *not links* and line of code
I don't think the "script which *calls* configure" is necessary, but
please be aware....

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#InstInfo

GPLv3 explicitly requires redistribution to include the full necessary
“Installation Information.” GPLv2 doesn't use that term, but it does
require redistribution to include "scripts used to control compilation
and installation of the executable" with the complete and corresponding
source code. This covers part, but not all, of what GPLv3 calls
“Installation Information.” Thus, GPLv3's requirement about installation
information is stronger.

Jon