[FFmpeg-user] cannot build shared libraries on Solaris

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 01:01:18 EET 2018

> My system administrator downloaded the FFmpeg 4.1
> source code this week,

Sorry for being so nosy:
Does the following command not work for you?
$ curl -O http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
$ tar xf ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2

(Above is a quick alternative to the more common
"git clone https://git.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git")

I tested on sunos 5.11 with (default?) gcc 5.5 both
with your configure line and fate (our testing suite)
passes without issues.

--enable-shared --enable-gpl has an unrelated issue
here on Solaris, I'll send a patch to fix / workaround
this problem. (Sun ld doesn't understand -rpath-link
and searches "libpostproc.so" in "-link=libpostproc"
instead of "libpostproc".)

[...]

> Text relocation remains                              referenced
>
>     against symbol                offset             in file
>
> .data (section)                   0x0
> libavutil/../compat/atomics/pthread/stdatomic.o

Did you try the following?
$ rm compat/atomics/pthread/stdatomic.o && gmake ffmpeg

Carl Eugen