[FFmpeg-user] cannot build shared libraries on Solaris

Eric Thomas eric21797 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 15:20:59 EET 2018

Carl,

Removing the stdatomic.o file, and building with 'gmake' did the trick for
me. I
have a set of shared libraries. Thanks for that info!

Next question: On my Centos VM, my shared library files have the library
version as the filename suffix.
For example, "*libavcodec.so.58*".
On my Solaris machine, the library filenames do not have the version
suffix. For example, "*libavcodec.so.*"
Should the Solaris libraries have the version suffix? What edits can I make
to get the version suffix?

Thanks!
Eric