[FFmpeg-user] H.264 with pcm_mulaw audio live RTSP streaming

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 12:39:55 EET 2018

>> Does playing the rtsp stream with ffplay work?
>
> It does, and the result is a flawless video/audio stream with no errors
> or artifacts whatsoever.

Is the timing information in the status line of ffplay also completely off?

>> Please test the following (or similar) and provide both command line
>> and complete, uncut console output:
>> $ ffmpeg -i rtsp... -qscale 2 out.avi
>
> Output of $ ffmpeg -I rtsp://....  -qscale 2 out.avi
> https://pastebin.com/LQqwAZkL

For the future, please remember not to use external resources for the
console output.

The timing is completely wrong (and this is probably the reason why
the ogg file is broken). If you cannot make the stream public, feel
free to test a few (very) old binaries of ffmpeg.

Carl Eugen