[FFmpeg-user] unsubscribe

Dean Rotherham dean at shopbeat.co.za
Wed Apr 10 12:04:30 EEST 2019

Hi there Paul,

Apologies, I see I first posted with my gmail account directly so was not
this email address. My email was :

Perhaps you can point this email in the right direction?

Bye for now,
Dean Rotherham <dtl.rotherham at gmail.com>
Mon, 1 Apr, 09:51 (9 days ago)
to ffmpeg-user
Hi there FFmpeg team,

I'm hoping someone can help me with what I thought would be really simple
but I've been battling for days. I need to keep ffmpeg "alive" even if the
source or destination drops.

The added issue is I'm using ffmpeg on tiny core linux on raspberry pi as :

ffmpeg version 3.1.3 Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 6.2.0 (piCore)
configuration: --prefix=/usr/local --enable-gpl --enable-version3
--enable-nonfree --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-libass
--enable-libcelt --enable-libfaac --enable-libfontconfig
--enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgsm
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb
--enable-libopenh264 --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus
--enable-libspeex --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx
--enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265
--enable-libxvid --enable-opengl --enable-openssl --disable-neon
libavutil      55. 28.100 / 55. 28.100
libavcodec     57. 48.101 / 57. 48.101
libavformat    57. 41.100 / 57. 41.100
libavdevice    57.  0.101 / 57.  0.101
libavfilter     6. 47.100 /  6. 47.100
libswscale      4.  1.100 /  4.  1.100
libswresample   2.  1.100 /  2.  1.100
libpostproc    54.  0.100 / 54.  0.100

In short my current command is :

sudo /DerMixD/bin/dermixd -c default_output=raw_s16
default_outfile=/dev/stdout -r main.unix=n main.socket=localhost
main.port=8888 | FFREPORT=file=/tmp/ffreport.log:level=24 ffmpeg -nostdin
-re -f alsa -ac 2 -f s16le -i /dev/stdin -f alsa -acodec aac -b:a 64k -af
"aresample=44100" -f flv -rtmp_live live rtmp://
vetsak2.antfarm.co.za:1935/ant-l-caxton/99lpfkm &

This command starts an audio daemon that our application feeds instructions
to. This is called DerMixD - Essentially this feeds /dev/stdout and pipes
the data to ffmpeg.

ffmpeg then feeds the stream to a rtmp server.

The issues I'm having are that if my feed from dermixd stops (EOF) for even
1s, ffmpeg falls over. Further, this then causes a condition on dermixd
that the feed from dermixd then runs into /dev/stdout too fast.

The same issue happens on the other side that if the ingest point drops for
even 1s, the feed from ffmpeg stops and inturn causes dermixd to fail.

I know this is a long shot as my setup I guess is rather unique but how can
I keep ffmpeg "alive" and almost just waiting for the stream to start
again? Essentially this is a restream from local dermixd > rtmp server. But
the dermixd feed can stop / start and the rtmp server could also loose
connection and come back.

ANY help or ideas would be awesome as the normal -reconnect commands etc
are not in this version of ffmpeg.

Thanks and chat when you can.

M : 083 652 3511

<https://www.shopbeat.co.za/>