[FFmpeg-user] Question

CheeZe AMV's kingkamvs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 13:11:53 EET 2020

Hi. I have a question about ffmpeg. I just started using it this week, so
I'm a complete newbie to all of this. Any help is appreciated. I'm trying
to download from a subscription service website that I am subscribed to and
the downloading works, but more often than not I get the message "skipping
1 segments ahead expired from playlists" while it's downloading in the
command line. This ranges from 1 to other numbers as well.

Here below is the template I'm using: ffmpeg -i "m3u8 master playlist url"
-c copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc "example.mp4"

Would you be able to help me with why there are skipped segments and how I
can avoid them? Because after it's downloaded there are frames in the video
that are frozen. The website I am referring to is:
https://ch.nicovideo.jp/nicopro if that's of any assistance. Also, if you
don't mind would you be able to template the solution in a similar
format that I have, that would be of great help.

Kind regards
Khaled Hoque