[FFmpeg-user] Ffmpeg issues multiple HTTP requests when starting a video from a URL

Vladimir Grishchenko vladgri at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 17 03:04:18 EEST 2020

I'm using ffmpeg to read an mp4 video from a HTTP URL and in some cases it issues up to 3 HTTP calls before it actually starts the conversion. There is no attempt to seek the video on the command line. The server returns HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content initially and ffmpeg then tries to get data at different offsets before it prints "All info found" and proceeds with the conversion. Multiple connections cause an additional delay which I'd like to avoid no matter how small it is. Is there a mechanism to override this behavior and have ffmpeg to work with the data stream as it is being read? I'm using version 4.2.1. Thanks.

-Vlad