[FFmpeg-user] I want to use FFmpeg in commercial product. Who do I need to contact?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:30:08 EET 2020

Am Mi., 11. März 2020 um 14:50 Uhr schrieb Viktoria Zh. <zhvv13 at gmail.com>:

> Can anyone help me with a license information for commercial use, please?
> We would like to use the FFmpeg for our social network, and I need to
> discuss the terms of such use with someone.

You are only allowed to distribute binaries based on FFmpeg source
code if you follow the requirements of the GPL or the LGPL depending
on compile time options.

Since you are using the word "use" three times in your question:
Usage of FFmpeg is not restricted as long as you agree with the
no-warranty clause of the (L)GPL.

> Who can I talk about it with?

That would be me.

Having said all this: You may not be interested in FFmpeg's license
terms but of those of third parties that we don't represent (and
don't know). You will have to ask your ip lawyer for more information.

Carl Eugen