[FFmpeg-user] Filter documentation -- PTSs

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Mon Feb 15 16:48:25 EET 2021

 On Monday, 15 February 2021, 13:58:30 GMT, Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de> wrote:

 > A few developers (not all!)
> are actively fighting against any changes in the documentation. It seems> they are really convinced that the documentation is perfect as it is.

Agreed. I think it's an extension of a situation that's existed for, eh, over ten years, probably. It happens on a lot of open source projects; the core development team form a clique so intense and insular that any help from outside is viewed as a threat. The level of vitriolic, very personal unpleasantness is mildly shocking until you get used to it.

It's no exaggeration to say that this problem is negatively affecting the entire field of open source software as it is very common. The ffmpeg example is very extreme but I don't really see what can be done about it. It's their project. They can do anything they want.