[FFserver-user] Streaming with libx264 question

Anton warm at stack.ru
Tue May 17 08:30:14 CEST 2011

As I know ffmpeg connects to feed resource of running ffserver and the server tells what parameters are needed for
transcoding -- the main problem is in the right <Stream> section.

This is my last working stream config:

<Stream test.mpg>
        Feed feed1.ffm
        Format mpegts
        AudioBitRate 128
        AudioChannels 2
        AudioSampleRate 44100
        VideoCodec libxvid # should be libx264
        VideoHighQuality
        VideoBitRate 1000
        VideoBufferSize 10000
        VideoFrameRate 25
        VideoSize 640x480
        VideoGopSize 12
</Stream>

But it does not work with "VideoCodec libx264" :-(. I suspect that should be some options to set libc264 parameters
(vpre is required one, also threads is interesting). What are this options ? May be patch needed ?

How to turn on deinterlace ? (ffmpeg option -deinterlace)

What actually VideoHighQuality and VideoBufferSize do ? I could not get working until I set VideoBufferSize high
with VideoSize more then 320 lines.

P.S. Now I use stable 0.6.3 version of ffmpeg, tried snapshot but with no success.

--
Anton [WARM-RIPE]
Stack ltd division head