[FFserver-user] live h.264 streaming from wifi camera directly to iPhone

Marko Popovich mpopovich at mobviz.com
Tue Jan 3 20:29:49 CET 2012

Hello,

I have spent months trying to figure out how to get a standard h.264 WiFi
home camera to stream its video directly to my iPhone. The more I research
the more I am finding that although the iPhone has an h.264 hardware
decoder, it cannot decode the stream coming from my live camera directly (a
middleman server is needed). Is this true? If so, can FFMPEG offer any
assistance to get the h.264 stream to go from the camera directly to the
iPhone?

Any and all help is very much much appreciated.

Thank you,
Marko