[FFserver-user] streaming video + audio ?

informatique lycee Pays-de-Retz adminrezo.0441992b at ac-nantes.fr
Thu Mar 22 12:33:36 CET 2012

Hi,

As I could experiment on my networks...
I have 2 networks that need 1 router(+ firewall) to communicate.
- on the workstation wich is in the same network as server, delay
(bewteen camera's eye and the result on VLC) was approx 7s
- on a workstation put on the other network, the delay was longer  (in
my memory, approx 13s)

I was puzzled about such big difference, but I could not give any reason
to it.

Oliver Seitz a écrit :

>> Global delay is approx 7 sec on a small lan. Would probably be much
>> longer (10-15 sec) if the flow has to pass through routers, and on a WAN
>> like internet.
>
> I'm not sure. I just tried to ping (from a german ADSL connection)
> some servers in very-far-away. Longest ping time was about 400ms to
> Cainta city, Phillipines. (Needed 17 hops via singapore)
>
> Packet drops could be a trigger to the viewer program to increase the
> cache, but that's nothing the server can help with.
>
> Greets,
> Kiste

Xavier COUDIN - coordinateur informatique
Lycée Pays-de-Retz, 44210 Pornic, gsm 06 80 28 40 53