[FFserver-user] not able to replay video from .ffm recorded earlier

Yogesh Tyagi yogesh.bit2006 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 21:12:23 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:24 AM, Anthony Brown <av at bsbc.nb.ca> wrote:
> On 12-09-06 03:38 PM, Yogesh Tyagi wrote:
>>
>> do I need to feed to the same ffm file using ffmpeg each time I start a
>> client?
>>
>> Regards,
>> yogesh

>>> ffmpeg ought to be able to read the ffm file and be able to output to
>>> something that other players can read.  And, provided that the data is
>>> being
>>> buffered in the ffm file (File path set properly and FileMaxSize big
>>> enough
>>> to hold all the data) you can feed multiple clients at different times.
>>> You
>>> may need to specify the time that you are trying to seek to in your http:
>>> request.
>

> I'm not sure what you mean by feed the file each time you start the client.
> The way ffserver is supposed to work is it is fed incoming data through an
> instance of ffmpeg, which may optionally be started automatically by the
> server.  The ffmpeg instance takes the usual arguments -i indicating the
> source (I use - for stdin to capture a live firewire feed) and the output
> file is the .ffm URL specified in the ffserver configuration.  This data is
> placed in the .ffm file and can be read out by any client, using the URL(s)
> specified for the streams in the ffserver.conf file, at any time so long as
>
> 1) ffserver is still running
> 2) the requested video segment is in the ffm file.
>
> I use ffserver to timeshift the live video.  I can specify what time I want
> to start playback at using a url like
> http://w.x.y.x/stream1.mpg?date=20120906T15:53:00 to play back the video
> that was *recorded* at 15:53 today.
>

> Please don't top-post.

> --
>

> Anthony Brown
> Audiovisual coordinator
> Brunswick Street Baptist Church
> Telephone: (506)-458-8348 (leave message)
> Email:     av at bsbc.nb.ca

so one feed can have one video or multiple videos?can I fed same feed
through an instance of ffmpeg multiple times(if I do this the size of
feed keeps increasing.is the feed storing duplicate videos)? In this
case what will happen to the data previously fed to the feed?
The problem I am facing is that sometimes my client(say ffplay) plays
the file from start that was fed through ffmpeg.sometimes it does not.

If i repeat the operation of feeding the feed through ffmpeg and
accessing the file through a client then ffserver starts giving me
following error:

Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to
muxer in stream 0(or 1)
Error writing frame to output

Is there any way through which I can find out what has been stored in the feed?

Regards,
Yogesh