[Libav-user] Question about the libraries' naming and rule #16

Soltic Lucas soltic.lucas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:49:26 CEST 2011

Hi Phil,

Actually I thought rule #2 was to avoid the license 'contamination' and give
clear rules. If FFmpeg's HAS to be linked dynamically, why is it possible to
build static libraries?

The purpose here is to avoid having loads of dlls. Initially I was linking
the static libraries to my own product. But I got issues with Visual Studio
and wanted to give a try with dynamic linking. However I don't want the user
to have to care about 5 dlls when he would actually need only one (and zero
with the initial all-statically-linked-in-my-product setup).

Thanks,
Lucas Soltic