[Libav-user] QTKit -> Libav: has it ever been done?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Mar 27 10:26:00 CET 2013

René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at ...> writes:

> On 27 March 2013 09:58, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ...> wrote:
>
> > not use QTKit? There is definitely a native decoder
> > that outputs the format that (you believe) QTKit
> > offers, and that code would not be OSX specific in
> > the end.
>
> Are you saying there's a decoder that outputs the
> decoded content in QTSampleBuffer format, tested to be
> accepted as input by QTKit?

No, I am not saying that.
(I don't know.)

I am saying that for every (input) format that the resampler
(both the library and the filter) accepts, a (at least one)
native decoder exists that produces this format (and can
therefore be used to test the code that you use to resample).

It is of course possible that QTKit uses a completely
different format, but one way to find out is to test
your resampling wrapper code with a decoder for which
you know the actual format.

Note that an endianess issue is very unlikely because FFmpeg
only supports native endian audio formats (as opposed to
codecs), a signed / unsigned problem is of course possible
but this should be relatively easy to verify.

Carl Eugen