[Libav-user] Different behaviour when compiling FFmpeg with MingW and VC++2010

cyril apan cyrilapan at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 11 09:40:14 CEST 2014

Le Vendredi 11 avril 2014 5h45, Anshul <anshul.ffmpeg at gmail.com> a écrit :

cyril apan <cyrilapan at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>I tried to compile FFmpeg with 2 different compilers on Windows 7.
>After testing both binaries, I don't get the same behaviour. Well,
>actually with most video files I do get the same results, but with some
>files I do get different results.
>
>For instance, with the binaries compiled from MingW, I can decode video
>frames, but with the VC++2010 version I just get an error.
>For another video file, after seeking and trying to get a video frame,
>the MingW version just returns a gray image while the VC++2010 version
>returns an actual scene from the video.
>
>For the same code base to produce different outputs is quite startling.
>Does anybody know what the difference can come from?
>
>Regards,
>
>Cyril APAN.

Can you explain about error you are getting.

-Anshul

I've just found out that the errors are there in both versions, it's just that I modified something before going for the VC++ version... dumb late night debugging sessions.
But the gray image for MingW while having a real picture for VC++ still hold true.

Cyril APAN.