[Libav-user] ffmpeg with Android

Dmitry Adjiev adjiev.dmitry at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 17:30:07 CEST 2014

I tried this function several deys ago on android, I work for project where
I need to play rtp h263/h264 stream.
In my case this function doesn't work because I can't detect video size (on
android only, it works on linux).
When I set video size by myself I can't read frames because av_read_frame
doesn't work as expected, I have no time for investigations and I did the
ptoject via gstreamer.
You can set av_log_set_level( AV_LOG_DEBUG ); and see libav messages.

> Hi,
>
> I am working on Android (Compiled ffmpeg-2.3.3 for Android on Ubuntu
> 12.04).
> The basic purpose of my project is open and play HLS.
> I've been searching on internet for doing so, but I'm unable to find
> useful guidance.
> Looking forward for further guidance.
>
> From examples, I have created one to get metadata of file. It is working
> fine for local file but avformat_open_input(...) returning -5(I/O error)
> if online URL is passed as input file name.
>
> Thank you,
> -Swapnil

Regards,
Dmitry