[Libav-user] using librtmp to stream to Youtube live

YIRAN LI mrfun.china at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 07:55:57 CET 2015

Hi guys,

I'm now planning to add Youtube streaming feature into my program. It
already has the ability to capture from a webcam and save to a MP4 file
using ffmpeg.

As we know ffmpeg command line tool can be used to stream to Youtube live
directly, just replace the normal file name with an URL starting with
rtmp://xxx in a normal convert command will do the work (assuming all
encoding parms are correct).

Below is the example code in muxing.c from doc/examples comes with ffmpeg
sourcecode.
What I want to know is, if I supply a "rtmp://xxx" string as the filename,
will the compiled program, like the ffmpeg command line tool, transparently
do all those connecting, handshaking stuff  so I can do a rtmp streaming
just like convert to a file?

Thanks

​
So my question is,