[Libav-user] RTSP TCP 4K stream decoding hangs in ff_rtsp_fetch_packet

Kostiantyn Khabarlak kkha at isddesign.com
Tue Feb 6 13:38:44 EET 2018

Hello

I have an issue capturing a 4K stream from

Axis P1428-E Network Camera in RTSP TCP mode

I set ffmpeg to use tcp as follows

av_dict_set(&opts, "rtsp_transport", "tcp”, 0);

av_dict_set(&opts, "rtsp_flags", "prefer_tcp”, 0);

Then I try to capture and decode the video stream,

after 25 to 100 captured and processed frames

the next call to av_read_frame(_formatContext, pPacket) hangs

Digging into the ffmpeg sources has shown that

it hangs in ff_rtsp_fetch_packet function

In the meantime, if I switch to 1080p H264 stream instead of

4K H264 stream or use “udp” as underlying transport type

for 4K video, streaming will work.

Also ffmpeg.exe utility does work in tcp mode.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Best regards,

Konstantin Khabarlak