[Libav-user] one question about movenc.c

Richard Hussong rhussong at westpond.com
Tue May 12 01:15:18 EEST 2020

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 5:16 AM qw <applemax82 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have one question about movenc.c:
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/libavformat/movenc.h#L116
>
> What does it mean, i.e. 'active picture (w/o VBI) height for D-10/IMX' ?
> And, what is D-10/IMX?

VBI stands for "vertical blanking interval", so the "height" variable
includes only the true picture data, without any padding associated with
vertical blanking.

D-10 and IMX are other names for the SMPTE 356M professional audio/video
format. You can read a bit about it at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMPTE_356M, but you'll probably need to read
the actual SMPTE document to find out why that comment is attached to the
variable declaration. I know nothing about it, myself.