[FFmpeg-user] problem with make while attempting to build git clone of ffmpeg on OS X 10.6.8

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Mar 2 21:03:57 CET 2013

Paul Sturbaum <psturbs <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Please run "make V=1 ffmpeg" (without doing anything
> > in-between) and post the output of "make V=1 ffmpeg"
> >

> I ran $./configure then $make then $make V=1 ffmpeg.
> Here is the output:

Thank you!

> $ make V=1 ffmpeg

> gcc -Llibavcodec -Llibavdevice -Llibavfilter -Llibavformat
> -Llibavresample -Llibavutil -Llibpostproc -Llibswscale -Llibswresample
> -Wl,-dynamic,-search_paths_first  -o ffmpeg_g ffmpeg_opt.o
> ffmpeg_filter.o ffmpeg.o cmdutils.o  -lavdevice -lavfilter -lavformat
> -lavcodec -lswresample -lswscale -lavutil -L/opt/local/lib -lSDLmain
> -Wl,-framework,AppKit -lSDL -Wl,-framework,Cocoa -lm -liconv -lbz2 -lz

So apparently linking succeeds in configure but not at
the linking stage;-(
Could you do another test?
If you copy above line - from gcc to lz - to the command line
(verifying it fails equally) and try to move "-liconv" around
(perhaps in front of -L/opt/local/lib), does it succeed?

> PS
> Since I successfully ran 'sudo make install' after running
> './configure ==disable-iconv' I shouldn't have to re-run those
> commands after the above tests, right?  Since I never ran
> 'sudo make install' successfully it hasn't overwritten the

That sounds correct.

Carl Eugen