[FFmpeg-user] Streaming to ustream/twitch from Raspberry Pi

Luke Davis l1 at newanswertech.com
Thu Feb 19 23:19:13 CET 2015

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015, Matt Conway wrote:

> Compiled ffmpeg from source with libx264, the same command works from a
> windows desktop, below is the output. Trying to stream an RTSP input to
> ustream. When streaming from Raspberry Pi 2 it comes out incorrectly on

What is the processor specification of your Windows machine?  It seems likely
that your Pi simply can't do this.  Its processor is a 900MHz quad-core ARM
Cortex-A7.  There is hope, maybe, with the copy instead of reencoding, I think,
but even that seems iffy.

I was seeing a lot of errors like the ones you posted, while trying to make an
HLS from an RTSP stream via a dual-core 1.6 GHZ laptop. Switched to an Amazon
C3.xlarge instance, and poof--errors no more.

Luke