[FFmpeg-user] Compressed audio streams (DTS, Dolby) decoding

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 17:38:45 EET 2018

> Le samedi 20 janvier 2018, Carl a écrit :
>
>> We can't assure that the issue you see with Kodi is because
>> of an issue within FFmpeg or within Kodi (or in your receiver)
>> because you don't tell us...
>
> I can't tell,

Why?

> as I don't know how things work between Kodi and ffmpeg

This is completely irrelevant:
Either the issue is reproducible with FFmpeg, then we know
there is an issue or it is not, then you can go back to the
Kodi developers.

I don't think we should completely rule out an issue with
the hardware decoder: Once you tell me how you
reproduce the issue with FFmpeg, I will test with my
hardware decoder.

Carl Eugen